Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Who was THAT?

I feel like some other person inhabited my body yesterday... I don't know what happened. I ate ALL day... I can't think of a time when I ate that I was actually hungry, I just remember feeling this pit in my stomach saying that I needed to have food. It carried on through my first job... 1030 to 2100... then through the second 2100 to 0400. I had Taco Bell for the first time in at least two mos... You know they have salsa verde now?!? It's no where near as good as my homemade version, but it worked. The point here is it was just a weird day. I didn't feel like myself through the whole of it.

I woke up this morning... remembering all that I had eaten and wondered, what the hell happened yesterday. I felt perfectly normal today and went right back to all my healthy eating... i of course jumped on my scale... I'm down to 245, but scared to get back on it in the next day or two for fear it will jump up to 300 over night.

Anyone ever had this happen?

5 comments:

  1. I've never had this happen but I can sort of think that I'm glad it happened for you. A day when you just went on, did what you needed to do, ate what you wanted to ate and today you're right back on track. It's nice- for me anyway- to be able to have a day when I'll just indulge and not feel the guilt, and then the next day I'm right on track without any guilt or conflict.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have days like this all too often - and an awful lot lately. It started when I finally got under 300 and I developed a weird semi-subconscious fear that eating *anything* would get me back to 345. For me, I'm trying to keep in mind that I've been working so hard, and one meal does not make me a failure. It's easier said than done, I know. The best thing is to make sure that when we slip, we don't free fall, we just get right back up! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness you were able to get right back to your healthy habits! I'd say that's a really good sign that you've made some deep changes. Also the fact that eating that way didn't feel good or "right" to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, the eating nonstop and don't know why you do it. I GET it! As long as it doesn't last, you're okay! Great job on the weight loss. The scale won't go to 300 in one night but I SO know it feels that way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, as you read, I have days like that. And sometimes the days spread past the one. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete