Saturday, October 9, 2010

It's me again Margret

Ok... I know it's been forever! Work has been crazy, making it hard to post there and until I get internet at my house... I'm stuck waiting until I can get to the coffee shop. I'm a slack ass... I know.

As you can see by the tracker above, I am down 12 lbs... or 14 if you count the 2 that I went up with at the start. I'm still not working out as much as I should... or promised myself. No excuse but laziness... It's hard to kick your own butt into shape, but I know I'm the only one that can.

Some of my stressors have found resolution, which is going to help A LOT! I made something the other night that I just HAVE to share. I found it on someone's blog, though at the moment, I don't know who to credit them... If you know, go ahead and comment. I am pressed for time, or I would go do the research. Anyways... It's called Unemployment Dinner... I have to think of or find another name for it... I hate telling ppl that's what it's called... It's a little off putting. Anyways... Onion, garlic, chard, northern beans and tomatoes... I added curry powder and served it over long grain brown rice... Oh my blog!! soooo good. I've been eating it everyday for three days... It makes a lot and the ingredients are under $10. I couldn't believe how much I would love it! I've never tried chard... I urge you to look it up if you have a moment or leave me a comment and I'll email the recipe.

In other, more personal news... I'm having a "missing home" moment. I haven't seen my mom in months... I have 2 new nieces I haven't met... Thanksgiving is coming up, the big family holiday... And some of my friends from Ireland will be coming in... today! Here I am stuck 6 hours away and while it doesn't seem far... money and transportation issues keep me away. Bummed is an understatement.

In happier news... I had an amazing time at Kings Island last weekend... Rode the coasters, went through some haunted "houses" and then watched... "midget wrestling". The later was quite appalling... I felt like these guys were exploiting themselves and for what? Money? Five minutes of fame? I will resist the urge to jump on my soapbox... Let's just say I sat on my phone the whole time, while my friends thought this was the funniest thing ever.

If I don't get a chance to stop by your blog and leave a personal comment today... please know you're in my thoughts... I'm sending positivity and encouragement to you and hoping to remember that you're pushing yourselves, so I have to push myself.

XOXO M

No comments:

Post a Comment