Monday, September 20, 2010

abound... and about...

weight=262

Somehow I was down 2lbs last night and am now up 2 from my starting point… how the crack?! Talk about frustration… oh well… It is a new week.

In other news… this lady had the most amazingly awesome weekend in Cincinnati. I drove up on Friday afternoon with gal pal extraordinaire Davis… a ride of good music, gossip and great scenery. Saturday morning brought us to the illustrious Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens.

It took us three hours of strategically planned maneuvers to see everything we wanted to see… including a “you go that way, I’ll go this” “synchronize your watch” move that landed me in the wondrous Insect House… 30 mins later, I found Patient Pants Davis sitting with sad face waiting for me to emerge. To say “she likes bugs” would be a dire understatement. This kid, LOVES bugs!! I found a fellow obsessor… ok, so he worked there and maybe that doesn’t count… carrying around a leafy stick bug…. I had to stop, pet, and chat. Needless to say I have awesome pics… Maybe I’ll post a few for you.

While I was enamored by the insect world, Davis was getting her Cat House on… One word… SMELLY! Ewww! I would not have gone in there for all the cute cuddly kittens in the world. I’m not a cat person to put it mildly… though I do own one… long story, for another entry. Let’s just say, I hate to see things sad, and mom knows how to lay a guilt trip.

Loved the Reptile House. Got to touch/ hold my very first snake. I’ve been terrified for years, but I let him wrap that beautiful python around my neck like an old pro! Maybe someday I will deem myself responsible enough to own one… till then, anyone got one I can come love on from time to time? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment